


Wow... reading in Acts today wasn't just coincidental. It reminds me how much the apostles changed from the men they were in the Gospels to the men they became with the Holy Spirit. They went from falling to sleep while waiting for Christ in the garden, to denying they even knew Christ, to men filled with the Holy Spirit and speaking boldly to people about Christ. Christ told us that a Helper would come and the Holy Spirit was sent. Now, the Spirit dwells in those who believe in Christ and have accepted Him as our Savior. Our God is so GOOD!!
He blesses us with children, and we do our best to raise them in a home with Christ as the Head of the house. We pray with them, talk to them, teach them and discipline them. It's not an easy job, but it is a blessing. Then they become teenagers... Okay, we were all teenagers at one point and we know what they are going through, it's not an easy job either. We pray for them and sometimes with them, we love them, talk to them, teach them and still discipline them. What I am learning is that they begin to find out who they are in Christ, who the Holy Spirit is and how He helps them. I am learning that I can't do that for them... I can help them with their homework, give them rides, still pray with them, still talk with them... but God is causing the growth within them and they either allow it or don't. So, I still pray for them and sometimes with them...
This past weekend the girls went to an "Acquire the Fire" conference. I don't think they knew why they were going, maybe because all of their friends from church were going, they got to stay overnight at a hotel, get away from home... They came home and talked about how they cried, about how they felt the Lord's presence, meeting the Holy Spirit. What a blessing! As a parent I can't even express the feelings inside, how thankful I am to God... because He knew what they needed, He knew how to draw them to Him, He knew/knows their heart... He knows mine and Kevin's desires for them as parents... because He is our Father. Our God is an Awesome God.
So, I will keep praying for them, sometimes praying with them, talk to them, listen to them, drive them everywhere, and discipline them... and I am excited to watch Christ work in their lives. Kevin and I will also be there for them when they need us, whether it is to congratulate them on jobs well done or to catch them and help them up when they fall, it's what parents do. We try to raise them the best way we know how... it's between God and them to cause the growth now... we just sit back and thank Him and praise Him for every moment and every breath. To God always be the Glory!
You're the Light in this darkness
You're the Hope to the hopeless
You're the Peace to the restless
There is no one like our God
- "God of This City" by Chris Tomlin
He blesses us with children, and we do our best to raise them in a home with Christ as the Head of the house. We pray with them, talk to them, teach them and discipline them. It's not an easy job, but it is a blessing. Then they become teenagers... Okay, we were all teenagers at one point and we know what they are going through, it's not an easy job either. We pray for them and sometimes with them, we love them, talk to them, teach them and still discipline them. What I am learning is that they begin to find out who they are in Christ, who the Holy Spirit is and how He helps them. I am learning that I can't do that for them... I can help them with their homework, give them rides, still pray with them, still talk with them... but God is causing the growth within them and they either allow it or don't. So, I still pray for them and sometimes with them...
This past weekend the girls went to an "Acquire the Fire" conference. I don't think they knew why they were going, maybe because all of their friends from church were going, they got to stay overnight at a hotel, get away from home... They came home and talked about how they cried, about how they felt the Lord's presence, meeting the Holy Spirit. What a blessing! As a parent I can't even express the feelings inside, how thankful I am to God... because He knew what they needed, He knew how to draw them to Him, He knew/knows their heart... He knows mine and Kevin's desires for them as parents... because He is our Father. Our God is an Awesome God.
So, I will keep praying for them, sometimes praying with them, talk to them, listen to them, drive them everywhere, and discipline them... and I am excited to watch Christ work in their lives. Kevin and I will also be there for them when they need us, whether it is to congratulate them on jobs well done or to catch them and help them up when they fall, it's what parents do. We try to raise them the best way we know how... it's between God and them to cause the growth now... we just sit back and thank Him and praise Him for every moment and every breath. To God always be the Glory!
You're the Light in this darkness
You're the Hope to the hopeless
You're the Peace to the restless
There is no one like our God
- "God of This City" by Chris Tomlin

No comments:
Post a Comment