


I don't know why, but lately, I have been reminiscing about the... past... okay, childhood. (I suppose it is not helping that as I type this post, my husband is playing old songs by Chicago, Genesis, Rush, etc.) I don't know why I have been thinking about growing up, getting older... maybe it's what you do at age 45...
It's funny, but usually I don't feel old until one of my daughters have a birthday (November and December). Lately, though, I have been reconnecting with friends on facebook from my childhood, from high school, from college and current. It is as if all the chapters in my life are coming together to form a book. Also, when my Mom passed away in August, I remember her now from my childhood rather than just my Mom who lived with us.
Looking back, I can see that the Lord has really blessed me with the people in my life. I have learned from each one... whether it be good or bad, it has been a lesson. Acts 17:26: “And He made from the one, every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times, and the boundaries of their habitation.” So, it's not coincidental that my family is the family He gave me, or that my friends and acquaintances are more than just faces... there is a purpose for them being in my life and for me being in theirs. I just need to make sure that my heart and my life are right with Him to find out what those purposes are. Everything happens with a purpose...
"This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it." Since I am alive in this day... I have a purpose for this day and I need to seek out His purpose for me in this day... I can choose to waste this day, or I can choose to live this day for Him... and in doing so, I believe, with His help, I can make a difference, whether it be in the little things of this life, or the big things in this life... God can use me for His purposes...
So, I guess... getting older doesn't really matter... it's what I decide to do with the days God gives me... as I get older. I am blessed with family and with friends that help me see the differences we are able to make with Him, either by their examples or by their words in love and in friendship. I am also able to learn through my mistakes... as much as I hate to admit it, they are sometimes the best lessons to learn by.
So for every second, every minute, every hour, etc that I grow older... I hope I learn more about the God who created me, more about my husband and my girls, more about my family and my friends... more about life in general... and more about growing older...

nicely said Beth!!
ReplyDelete