My daughters continue to amaze me daily in everything they do. Kevin and I are very blessed to have daughters that seek God daily and love Him with all of their heart. We go through the same things all parents go through with their kids... and if there is one place that is the hardest place to live your Christian life... it's at home. I mean face it, we all know that we are not perfect, but we all know that we have a Creator that loves us so much and shows us grace and mercy. My girls try their hardest to show God's love to their friends at school and at church... and by praying for them. They are very talented girls too. Christie loves to write poetry and this week I am going to try to display some of it daily. I hope you like it as much as I love it!
A Tear For Dawn
A masterpiece beyond all compare,
Beautiful majesty and undying care
For each stroke of color and sight
The lovely warmth of dawn’s morning light.
Overshadowed by sleepy eyes
Of coffee brewing and baby cries.
No thoughts of the warmth, our thoughts are cold
Wondering how the day's events will unfold.
The sun grows higher in the sky
followed by birds starting to fly.
Still we don't stop to stare up above,
At the celestial embodiment of hope and love.
Never a time where one stops to think
of the watercolors red, orange, yellow and pink
Of the giant canvas painting in the morning,
At least not yet, but we’re still learning.

No comments:
Post a Comment