



My friend Shonni had a really sweet post about praying that God gives us eyes to see.... who to pray for, how to pray, etc. Then I went to Chris Tomlin's concert and he challenged people in the same way... so, I have been praying the same prayer too. It really has "opened my eyes" not just to what I know God wants me to see and what He wants me to learn, but it also has changed my perspective in so many ways. Every morning that I awake... I believe... that if I am alive in this day that the Lord has made, then it is with purpose and with meaning... I don't for a second believe that this world was created by chance, nor anyone in this world was either. I don't believe that in coincidences... or chance, I believe in a Mighty God that weaves paths and pieces lives together to serve mighty purposes... to heal hearts... to serve what ever purpose it needs to at that time.
My sweet, sweet friend Shonni shared a story on her blog... if I knew how to link you there... I would do that, but you should just check out her blog, because everything she shares in it is from her heart and her sweet spirit... she is an amazing lady with a heart for the orphans of the world... actually, her whole family is like that... amazing people... http://nationsaroundourtable.blogspot.com/ Shonni was in the hospital waiting for her mother who was in surgery for her leg, when she noticed a couple whose grandson had hung himself and wasn't going to be with them for very long... she started to talk to them and then... long story short... prayed for them... in the waiting room. I thought to myself... what a beautiful story...not just that by Shonni's obedience to God to pray for the family that may or may not be believers was such a witness to them, but to also her own children... because when we train them up according to the way they should go (in God's Word)... we should be teaching them this.
So... I have been praying for the same opportunity... lesson 1... don't pray for something if you really don't want it to happen ... LOLOL! This meant... if someone pulled out in front of me while driving... pray for them... bad service at the mall... still smile... for the person living on the street... the list goes on. I found you have to be in constant prayer just to hear what God wants you to do... what He wants you to see. I was filling my van with gas... at a Shell station of course... thanking God that my husband has a great job with this company and that I am able to fill the 20 gallon gas guzzler (actually not that bad... it is a Honda after all) when a man pulled in to the tank next to mine. My daughter and her friend were in the back of the van, listening to Switchfoot very loudly. I could tell that the man was very troubled. He started to talk to me and tell me that his grandmother had just died and he drove here for her funeral. Someone had booked him a room in the hotel across the street and used a credit card that did not work. He was $11.68 short and needed to get home as well. I normally do not carry cash with me, but happened to have $20 in my pocket. I rarely ever give money to someone on the street because in Houston, this happens a lot and you don't know if they really need it or not... but I heard God tell me to give it to him, but to also pray with him. As I gave the money to him, he said "I don't know how to thank you", and I told him not to. Then I really feel that it was the Holy Spirit who was telling me to tell him to "Don't thank me, I believe in a God that I know is watching out for you and your daugther (she was in the car with him). I believe He brought you here, knowing that I have this money in my pocket and that I am able to give it to you. I believe in a loving God, who loves you and your family, no matter what you are going through right now... I believe in your heart, you know that too. If you want to be thankful, then to everyone you see today, tell then what God has done for you." We prayed. It was very simple, because God is SO simple in His love for us. He does not make it complicated... because He wants everyone to know that He has defeated all things, everyone deserves compassion... everyone is forgiven... everyone is loved by Him. His love rains down on us all the time... not when we feel like it. I remembered that I had more money in my wallet and turned to get it... when I turned back around, he was gone. I looked up and down the street, but didn't see him. We are talking seconds... I jumped into the van and started to look for him when I heard God say to me, "I brought him here for what he needed at this minute... I will provide for him for the rest of his trip." How simple, again, was that? I have been in reflection about what God has planned for us... do we miss it sometime because we are so caught up in ourselves, in our own lives? Even when we are hurting... God uses everyday experiences to heal us. He lifts us up so that we can lift others up. How awesome is our God? Even when we are not hurting, when our days are so doggone fantastic, I think that is when we don't hear Him the most... because we are caught up in our own lives... Take the challenge... how do you see things? How does God want you to see things? How do you see God? How do you see our Father, His Son, His Spirit? Hmmm... how is your life? Is there a void? "Healing Rain is falling down... I'm not afraid"
By the way, the pictures are from a Mission Trip in 2007... please pray for the one coming up in 2009, that we would not be afraid to pray for those who need prayer... again... simple!

Oh my gosh...first your story is amazing ... what an adventure from the LORD...yea!!!God! Wow, that man will always remember the kindness you showed him that day...OOOOH, I love stories like this...
ReplyDelete2nd...thank you so much for linking me here and for your sweet words about our family...
I know I said it...but I love this story...God is so cool!!!!!