Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mornings

My sweet nephew Micah...
Mornings... you either hate them, or you love them... and it's a feeling that changes with every morning. For instance... my alarm clock rings Monday through Friday at the same time, 6 am. I set it, to make sure my daughters have set theirs... they are 14 and 16, usually they are up on time, but there are those occasional mornings when their alarm has not gone off. If one of them has asked me to fix their lunch the day before, or another special request, I usually comply... I mean after all, I am the Mom, right? But, back to mornings... today it is my car pool turn to take the girls in, so I did it, rushing back to laundry (this is always the case, or so it seems) and whole list of "things to do TODAY". I'm going through my list, wondering "how in the heck, am I going to get all of this done", when I hear a little voice in my head calling me Martha... the story of Martha and Mary came to me... take some time out to sit down and pray, pray for your family, pray for your friends... pray... So of course I turned on some worship music (currently it is the Michael W. Smith, A New Hallelujah CD). My morning perspective changes... in fact, just sitting with God and talking to Him, changes so much on how I am viewing my day. I am learning that just by acknowledging the day and thanking Him for it, no matter what it brings, can bring such peace. I know that He has created me for this day... and I will try to do my best to make Him proud of me. I feel sorry for those who can not sit down, wait... those who don't want to sit down (I mean it is a choice right?) with the Lord and just enjoy His presence. I mean, goodness, no one love you more than He does... and to let a minute go by without knowing it, is a total waste of time... and the waste of a perfectly good day :c) All I have is from Him... and I am nothing without Him... and realizing this... makes my mornings and the whole day a very special day! His Grace will shine on me every morning, every day, every minute... His love is reflected in the palm of my Savior's hands... things I will not take for granted, but hold preciously close to my heart and to who I am. If you are reading this... take some time out... spend it with the One who loves you the most... and is the very reason you are alive at this moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment